- The inaugural competition was held in 1975.
- Over 20 engineering schools across Canada compete every year, each with teams of 10-30 student members.
- Each team designs and builds concrete skis, a superstructure, and a technical exhibition each year.
- The toboggans are raced down a snow hill at a host University on the final day of competition – this year the University of Toronto will be hosting!
Some Modern Concrete Toboggans
There are 5 Days of Competition Including…
- Technical Exhibition Day
- Race Day
- Days to network with other students and industry professionals
- Have a concrete running surface
- Seat 5 passengers
- Braking system
- Steering system
- Roll cage
- Raceday Performance:
- Technical Report:
- Design aspects (Frame, concrete)
- Construction Methodology
- Technical Presentations
- Technical Display
- Spirit Participation